There has been a lot of hype surrounding Huda Beauty Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette. Sure the product looks very appealing but does it really live up to its reputation? Let’s find out!
Huda Beauty Rose Gold Textured Shadows Palette ($65 ) : I’m sure many of you know who “Huda Beauty” is, aka “Huda Kattan”. She is a world renowned beauty blogger and makeup artist wholives in Dubai. she is not only beautiful but extremely talented as well! She was known for her beautiful false lashes and now has been expanding her cosmetic line with lip products and eyeshadows and I can definitely say she’s been producing some BOMB products. This Rose Gold Textured Palette released this year . This palette filled with 18 shadows, all inspired by rose golden hues. There are three finishes to these shadows from “highly saturated mattes, chrome pressed pearls, and 3D metal shadows“. They are Talc-free which is great because less filler = more pigment! The palette’s versatility allows you to create endless eye makeup variations. Amp up your look by topping it off with one of the 3D metals to give the eyes an incomparable pop.
My Thoughts : I wont lie, I was hesitant about ordering after seeing so many negative reviews but I have no clue what they’re talking about. This palette totally delivered, super pigmented foiled shadows that stay on! Mattes are rich and pigmented as well had no trouble blending at all, they are easily buildable. I was waiting to buy this palette on sale because of all those negative reviews, It was not the palette that I really wanted to have because I have some similar shades from different brands but as so many of you ask me to share my opinion on this palette I thought to try it. And Im glad that I got it, I am really not disappointed at all, but yes Im not super happy . There are 18 shades in this palette and some are so chalky at the same time some are so pretty and perfect.I found the bottom row’s mattes are nice but the second row did not impress me at all. But all the shades are very buildable. Those foiled shadows are great but have little fall out! Those are very hard to use a brush with these colors, and Huda Said to use those with fingers and those work great with fingers. The packaging is something I did not love because it is not going with Huda. Im not so bothered about the packaging too because in some way its really good to travel with because of the weight. I swatched these by row and no primer was used for any of these swatches. These swatches were done by MAC 242 brush and its not just one swipe, I swiped 2 to 3 times to show how buildable they are. The picture was taken under daylight and studio lights.
Left to Right:
- #Blessed : #Blessed is medium golden copper with warmer undertone. The pigmentation is really great. Natasha Denona Atria is close but less shimmery.
- Dubai : Dubai is a smokey bronze, it has olive undertone. The consistency of this shadow was nice and has amazing pigmentation. Urban Decay Dark horse is pretty close but less shimmery and little muted. Natasha Denona Spectrum is close but more warmer.
- Fling : Fling is deep reddish canberry with copper undertone. The pigmentation and consistency was nice. MAC reflects Rust is close but more lighter.
- 24K : 24K is a yellow gold, this shadow was little drier than the other two but lasted long. Colourpop Get Lucky is close but less shimmery, MAC gorgeous gold is close in terms of color but that is not a foliled shadow.
- Rose Gold: Rose Gold is medium copper for some reason it did not look so copper on my skin. this was also little drier. Anastasia Beverly Hills Henna is close but more richer.
- Trust Fund : Trust Fund is coppery brown. The texture was little uneven in my opinion. Anastasia Beverly Hills Henna is close but less rich, Colour Pop Sequin is close but less shimmery.
- Angelic : Angelic is cooler undertoned light pink shade. its not a foiled one and worked fine, I found it shows more with primer. Natasha Denona Golden Rose is pretty similar but this one is less shimmery.
Left to Right:
- Bossy : Bossy is a plum shade with warm undertone. The consistency was not great, it was so dry. It was easy to blend and very buildable. I dont have any dupe or close shade of this one.
- Flamingo : Flamingo is a cool toned pink and had cooler undertone, it was powdery and so sheer . I really did not like this shade thats why did not look for any dupe.
- Shy : Shy is muted rosy pink and as you can see how poor it is.
- Bae : Bae is a creamy yellow shade , its sheer but buildable. It was chalky without primer. I have no dupe of this one.
- Moon Dust : Moon Dust is kinda vanilla goldish shade with warmer shade. It has a decent pigmentation and looks fine with primer. I have no dupe.
Left to Right:
- Black Truffle : Black Truffle is medium black, it was chalky and buildable and as you can see it was little uneven . It does not blend that well.
- Beauty Suede : Beauty Suede is medium taupe with neutral undertone. It has semi opaque pigmentation. It is chalky but not like Black Truffle. Smashbox Soft Brown is kinda similar in my opinion.
- Coco : Coco is muted brown with red undertone. The consistency and pigmentation is nice, It gives better result with primer. It was easy to blend out. MAC handwritten is close but darker than this, MAC corduroy is warmer but close.
- Maneater : Maneater is a pretty red with cool undertone. The pigmentation and consistency are nice. It has little fall out. Could not find any dupe.
- Henna : Henna is medium dark brown with orange undertone, it is bit of dry . if applied nicely and was blendable. MAC brown Script is similar but lighter than this.
- Sandalwood : Sandalwood is soft brown with warm undertone. The color payoff was nice and the texture is smoother. I have no dupe of this one.I also swatched all the shadows with my finger and these are just one swipe swatches.
Pros of the palette :
- So many possible looks you can achieve with it.
- Most of the shadows last longer.
- Easy to apply and blend.
- Very Very nice palette for creating dramatic south asian looks.
Cons of this palette :
- Some shadows are powdery.
- Limited edition.
My Rating : 4/5
I am not so disappointed with this palette like so many people but Im not super happy. I dont feel like this a must have palette for anyone but if you like to collect makeup and specially limited edition product then I would say to have it. I really love Huda and her supporting behave thats why I thought to show my support by purchasing and keeping this palette. But as Im not super happy I would not recommend this palette to anyone because of the price.
Thank you so much for reading my post.Let me know your thoughts beauties. And make sure to follow my blog if you want to get notification for my next post.